The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requires that all businesses are accountable and transparent about the data they hold on their customers, what they use it for, and gives their customers greater control over whether to allow that data processing to take place.
Power2SMS have undergone a GDPR compliance program which audited all of our internal processes to support compliance with the GDPR regulation. Power2SMS are fully compliant with GDPR. In Simple terms GDPR changes the way businesses can collect and use customer information. Power2SMS have always had the philosophy of only contacting people who want your messages and have always had opt out options on our platform which al of our customers must use, GDPR now makes this a legal requirement. Power2SMS will always advocate uploading/ processing data that has been collected in a compliant manor and if you can not prove consent we recommend not using the data, however it is still our customers’ responsibility as data controller (data controller refers to the person or people who determine the purpose (why) and means (how) of the processing of personal data) of their contact database to ensure they are compliant with GDPR.
We are here to support you, If you have any questions or wish to validate processes, then please do not hesitate to contact your Account Manager.
In the course of providing services to our customers it is necessary for us to process certain personal data on behalf of our customers. We agree to handle such personal as laid out in this document.
- Power2SMS will comply with all applicable requirements of the Data Protection Legislation.
- We shall only process Personal data to the extent, and in such a manner as is necessary for the purpose of performing our obligation under the usage of our online platforms. Unless required to do so by law in which case, where legally permitted we shall inform the customer before processing.
- All of our employees, authorised agents and contractors are fully trained in the correct manor of processing personal data.
- All of our systems are implemented in an appropriate technical manor, all data is encrypted and protected to protect against unlawful processing and accidental destruction or loss, so as to comply with both ours and our customers obligations under the Data Protection Legislation.
- Data stored on our servers will not be kept for long than in reasonably required under the general usage of our platform and in compliance with Data Protection Legislation
- No Personal Data shall be transferred to a country outside of the European Economic Area ( the EEA)
- We will not subcontract any processing of personal data without prior written notice.
- We will provide any such information and assistance that may be reasonably required and within suitable timescales to enable our customers to comply with their obligations under Data Protection legislation.
- We will ask all of our customers, at the time of processing, if the data supplied has been collect in a compliant manor. If this cannot be confirmed, we may not process the data.